“Tenth Dems is one of the most impressive grassroots groups I’ve seen anywhere in the country.”
Gov. Howard Dean, former chairman of the Democratic National Committee, October 2009
We are the Tenth Congressional District Democrats, or Tenth Dems for short.
Since 2004, Tenth Dems has helped elect Democrats at all levels of government within Illinois’ 10th Congressional District.
- Assist and support efforts to elect Democratic candidates at the local, state, and national levels.
- Coordinate campaign and other election efforts with other Democratic organizations.
- Recruit and train new precinct committeemen and women.
- Facilitate communication about events and news to the public and between campaigns, volunteers, precinct committeemen and committeewomen and Democratic organizations.
- Inform the public about the important issues facing district residents and all Americans.
- Build an effective and responsive organization to facilitate these primary goals and objectives.
Sign up for our free monthly email newsletter or fill out a short form to learn more about volunteering. We’ll be in touch soon.
If you have any questions about our organization or website, please feel free to contact us.
Where’s the District?
Illinois’ 10th Congressional District contains portions of both Cook and Lake Counties stretching in the east from Glencoe on the south through Zion on the north and further west from Des Plaines in the south to Fox Lake in the north. The District includes all or part of the following townships: Avon, Benton, Fremont, Grant, Lake Villa, Libertyville, Maine, Moraine, Newport, New Trier, Northfield, Shields, Vernon, Warren, Waukegan, West Deerfield, Wheeling, and Zion.
Click twice to zoom in on 10th Congressional District map.
The 10th Congressional District includes all or parts of the following communities: Arlington Heights, Bannockburn, Beach Park, Buffalo Grove, Deerfield, Des Plaines, Fort Sheridan, Fox Lake, Glencoe, Glenview, Grayslake, Great Lakes, Green Oaks, Gurnee, Hainesville, Highland Park, Highwood, Indian Creek, Ingleside, Lake Bluff, Lake Forest, Lake Villa, Lakemoor, Lake Zurich, Libertyville, Lincolnshire, Lindenhurst, Long Grove, McHenry, Mettawa, Morton Grove, Mount Prospect, Mundelein, Niles, North Chicago, Northbrook, Park City, Park Ridge, Prairie View, Prospect Heights, Riverwoods, Round Lake, Round Lake Beach, Round Lake Heights, Round Lake Park, Spring Grove, Third Lake, Vernon Hills, Volo, Wadsworth, Waukegan, Wheeling, Winnetka, Winthrop Harbor and Zion.
- Tenth Dems University, a forum for serious and in-depth discussion of timely and relevant issues with knowledgeable and credentialed speakers. In the future, we plan to continue, and expand, our efforts to inform, educate, discuss, create and elect Democrats. But, we cannot do all of this without you.
We are a volunteer organization. Some of us are experienced in politics, and some are beginners, but all of us share a desire to work for a strong, progressive and tolerant America, open to people of all races, religions, and beliefs, an America that not only moves forward, but leads the world on issues such as economic progress, education, health care, the eradication of disease and poverty, protecting the environment, and promoting peaceful solutions to world problems. Do you share our beliefs?
We are always looking for volunteers to take leadership positions in our group. You can help in a variety of ways, from working on this website, to writing for or editing a newsletter, helping us organize events, making phone calls, walking door-to door, creating literature, blogging, research, data entry, recruiting and organizing new volunteers, and raising funds for the next campaign. Now is the time to build the Democratic Party in our area, so that our ideals can become reality in the next election. If you want to work with us, we will help you find a place to use your skills.